Monday, January 25, 2010

Today

So today was a good day! Off to a good start!!! I took pictures of everything I ate today.. and man, what a pain in the ass. I don't think I'll be doing this too often. I also eat the same thing EVERY DAY. Once I find something I like.. I stick to it. The only thing I change is dinner.. dinner is usually different every night but lunch and dinner is the same!!!

Breakfast - I have a smoothie every a.m. I make it with a cup and half of frozen fruit, 1/2 cup of yogurt (whatever is on sale that week), and 1 cup of cranberry juice or OJ and some splenda!



Snack - My snack was hi-fiber oatmeal with this "Better than Peanut Butter". I'm OBSESSED with this Better than Pnut Butter! It's soooooooo good. I put a little bit in my oatmeal and it was AMAZING! One tablespoon is 50 calories. I bring some to work to eat with my apple slices. I also have a pb and J every day for lunch. I could eat (and I usually do) peanut butter and jelly every day!





Lunch - I pack a spinach salad with 1 table spoon of goat cheese, 100 calories of crushed almonds and 2 tablespoons of dressing. I quit buying low fat dressing and just started buying dressing that taste good. If the dressing is gross, I won't eat the salad. I love goat cheese.. I could eat spoonfuls of it!


Lunch part deux - I usually always pack a pb and J sand which. I use 1 tbsp of the better n'peanut butter and 1 tbsp of jelly. I know it's anal to measure out stuff, but it's how I roll so I can stay on track.


Snack - Apple slices and 1 tbsp of better n'peanut butter. Yum!!!


Another snack - Dark chocolate. One square is about 50 calories. The large bar will last me about one week.. and dark chocolate is practically a vitamin.
Dinner - Pork cutlets over arugula salad with marinated chopped tomatoes and roasted summer squash. I should have grilled the pork instead of breading and pan frying it but cutlets are sooooooo good. Can't be good all the time right?


Desert- Soooo, I made this desert and I'm not sure what I think about it. I used 1/2 cup of Almond Breeze, 1/2 frozen banana, 2 tbsp sugar free/fat free choc syrup and 1 tbsp of better n' peanut butter. I was looking for choc/banana desert but this tasted really healthy. I'm going to try it tomorrow with some splenda to make it sweeter!