2008 was the year that....
1. I became a Vegan. Have you read the book "Skinny Bitch"? It's awesome. It will make you want to become a vegan... not b/c I love animals or anything stupid like that, but for the weight loss factor. All those skinny bitches on t.v... oh yeah, they're vegans. Being a Vegan is a one way stop to counting your own ribs in the mirror. (PS - I was only a Vegan for about 5 hours. It's too hard.)
2. I gained 30 lbs. Yeah, it was a slippery slope from the Vegan stage. Hopefully 2009 will be the year that I lose those 30 lbs and then the other 20 I wanted to lose before I gained the 30. Or maybe I'll win the lotto and get my stomach stapled in Mexico like Courtney Love! (PS - no tips about quitting drinking. I'd rather be fat and drunk than skinny and sober.)
3. I started the Book/Wine Club. I call it an achievement, some may not. The fact that most of us miss work the day after Book Club is a testament to our success. (or failure...hmmm)
4. I got my massage membership. A personal achievement? Maybe not.. however, I consider it a step towards financial freedom. I'm going to get at least one massage a month anyway, this way I'm saving money. (I can rationalize anything.. come shopping or to a bar with me... I'll work my magic on you!)
5. I finished painting the last room in my apartment. Yeah, it's small and YES I've lived here for a while but hell, I stay pretty busy at work. My apartment is also dangerously close to resembling a Cracker Barrel. Apparently, my decorating style is a slash between white trash and country. Got a tin sign? Love it!! I'll hang it on the wall! Got a tin star? Sweet, I'll add it to my collection! Picture of Elvis? Picture of Gone with the Wind? Already on my wall but I'll take more!
Happy New Year!!!!